Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Request delivery time.
Koch Chemie 1K-Nano Nano Paint Sealant
The 1K-Nano network firmly bonds with the paint and forms an extremely smooth, highly glossy, chemical-, UV radiation-, and abrasion-resistant paint sealant based on innovative reactive substances. Special additives give the paint an extreme depth of gloss. The one-step process significantly reduces working time compared to 2-component systems. The paint is perfectly and permanently protected against adverse environmental influences. Thanks to its unique easy-to-clean performance, insects, bird droppings, and similar adherences can be much easier to remove. The durability is approximately 1 year but can be extended up to 3 years through regular manual maintenance with NanoMagicShampoo (hand wash) or NanoMagic Twin Wax (car wash), as well as the recommended annual paint inspection by a professional.
The set includes:
- 250 ml sealant in an aluminum bottle
- 75 ml dosing bottle - dosage for approximately one car
- 5 certificates
- 5 flyers
- 5 stickers "Koch-Chemie 1K-Nano sealed"
Flyers, posters, and videos can be found at: www.koch-chemie.de/Service/Werbematerial
Koch Chemie 1K-Nano Areas of Application:
Fully cured paints on cars, commercial vehicles, motorcycles, etc.
Koch Chemie 1K-Nano Application Recommendation:
A. Basic cleaning
Thoroughly pre-clean/wash the vehicles before the polishing and sealing process, using an alkaline cleaner (e.g. Green Star, not sealant shampoos). For heavy dirt such as tree sap, rust, tar, etc., pre-treat with clay bar, tar cleaner, etc.
B. Paint preparation
1. Heavily to moderately weathered paints:
Depending on the condition, machine-polish the paint with Heavy Cut polishing compound or Fine abrasive paste (see product information for Heavy Cut and Fine abrasive paste). Completely remove residues with a professional microfiber towel*.
2. Slightly weathered or paints treated in step 1 (hologram removal):
Machine-process the High-gloss Anti-hologram polish with an eccentric polisher with forced rotation (e.g. Makita BO6040) and an orange anti-hologram sponge (see product information for High-gloss Anti-hologram polish). Completely remove residues with a professional microfiber towel*.
3. New (hologram and scratch-free) or paints treated in step 2:
Use suitable gloves from this point onwards. Wipe all surfaces with a clean professional microfiber towel* soaked in Silicone & Wax Remover, applying little pressure, and immediately wipe with a new professional microfiber towel* with the other hand before it dries. This ensures the complete removal of surfactants, drying aids, oils contained in polishes, etc., and prevents any bonding issues with the 1K-Nano. Attention: For sensitive single-layer or solid color paints, dilute the Silicone & Wax Remover 1:4 with water to prevent possible matting. Polish with another clean professional microfiber towel* without pressure to remove any streaks. The paint should now have a scratch- and hologram-free surface. After this step, do not touch the paint with your palms/fingers (use gloves) as it may cause bonding disturbances. The surface is now perfectly prepared for Nano-sealing.
C. Paint sealing
1. Observe the recommended ambient temperature of 15-30°C for the application of 1K-Nano. Apply and let it cure in a closed hall, not in the open air.
2. Shake the aluminum bottle well before use and transfer the contents into the supplied plastic bottle (75ml). This amount is usually sufficient for a medium-sized vehicle. Insufficient application may affect the quality of the sealant. Apply the sealant only on fully cured (please observe the notes below) painted surfaces.
2. Ideally apply 1K-Nano mechanically (especially recommended for solid color and dark single-layer paints!) using an eccentric polisher without forced rotation at a slow speed, using a black finishing sponge, alternatively apply it manually with a soft sponge (999038) without pressure section by section (max. 1 component: hood, door, fender, etc.). Polish for approx. 2-3 minutes and repeatedly apply fresh sealant. During the polishing process, make several overlapping passes to ensure complete bonding and to avoid clouding (uneven color intensification). After these 2-3 minutes, do not apply fresh sealant anymore and polish until a continuous film is formed without any dripping.
3. Wait for another 2-3 minutes and manually polish the now completely dried film to a high gloss with a clean professional microfiber towel*.
4. After approximately 1-2 hours of reaction time, the sealant will cure, resulting in a chemically resistant and abrasion-resistant long-term seal. Any streaks (excess product) that may appear are caused by the reaction process and can be removed after the curing time with a professional microfiber towel* or will be eliminated by the first vehicle wash (not earlier than after 3 days).
Koch Chemie 1K-Nano Notes:
Attention: Do not apply to freshly repaired paint! Repainted surfaces require a curing time of approximately 6-8 weeks before applying the sealant. Original manufacturer's paints on new vehicles can be sealed directly. Ensure good ventilation and fresh air supply during processing! Due to its reactive components, 1K-Nano is stored in a highly dense aluminum bottle. After use, fill any remaining quantity directly back into the aluminum bottle, seal it immediately, and always store it upright. Shelf life is approximately 1 year after opening.
*Only use the ultrasonically cut professional microfiber towel exclusively for the application of 1K-Nano, as lower-quality towels contain finishes such as fabric softeners, silicone derivatives, etc., which hinder the bonding on the paint. Always use multiple clean towels to avoid the transfer of residues and unwanted bonding disturbances.
Koch Chemie 1K-Nano Warning:
Test for suitability and compatibility before use.
- P210: Von Hitze, heißen Oberflächen, Funken, offenen Flammen sowie anderen Zündquellenarten fernhalten. Nicht rauchen.
- P261: Einatmen von Aerosol vermeiden.
- P271: Nur im Freien oder in gut belüfteten Räumen verwenden.
- P403+P233: An einem gut belüfteten Ort aufbewahren. Behälter dicht verschlossen halten.
- P301+P310+P331: BEI VERSCHLUCKEN: Sofort GIFTINFORMATIONSZENTRUM / Arzt anrufen. KEIN Erbrechen herbeiführen.
- P303+361+353: BEI BERÜHRUNG MIT DER HAUT (oder dem Haar): Alle kontaminierten Klei-dungsstücke sofort ausziehen. Haut mit Wasser abwaschen/duschen.
- P312: Bei Unwohlsein GIFTINFORMATIONSZENTRUM / Arzt anrufen
- H225: Flüssigkeit und Dampf leicht entzündbar.
- H411: Giftig für Wasserorganismen, mit langfristiger Wirkung.
- H304: Kann bei Verschlucken und Eindringen in die Atemwege tödlich sein.
- H336: Kann Schläfrigkeit und Benommenheit verursachen.
- EUH066: Wiederholter Kontakt kann zu spröder oder rissiger Haut führen
- P501: Inhalt/Behälter zugelassenem Entsorger oder kommunaler Sammelstelle zuführen.
- P101: Ist ärztlicher Rat erforderlich, Verpackung oder Kennzeichnungsetikett bereithalten.
- P102: Darf nicht in die Hände von Kindern gelangen.